This smoothie recipe combines the healing benefits of coconut with the slightly sweet, antioxidant rich strawberry.
The end result is a terrific tropical cocktail packed with vitamins, fiber, and particularly high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols.
Strawberries are a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-calorie food. They are among the top 20 fruits in antioxidant capacity and are a good source of manganese and potassium. Just one serving — about eight strawberries — provides more vitamin C than an orange.
Coconuts are highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous. Unlike cow’s milk, coconut milk is lactose free so it can be used as a milk substitute by those with lactose intolerance.
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of coconut water (from a young coconut)
- 1 cup of coconut meat (from a young coconut)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- ½ small avocado
- Stevia (for additional sweetness, if required)
- Add all ingredients into a powerful blender like a Vitamix and blend until smooth
- Add additional Stevia if you wish to make it sweeter
- You can also add more coconut meat or avocado for a creamier blend, adjusting the recipe to your taste preference
This is a great and healthy start to your morning
This recipe makes 3 to 4 servings