1 butternut squash
1 large red beet
3 tbsps of coconut oil
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1 head of kale
1 cup of shredded coconut flakes
- Begin by peeling and chopping the beets and squash into cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 205°C. Add the veggies to a mixing bowl and add the coconut oil and salt, and mix until evenly coated.
- Lay the vegetables out on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Roast vegetables for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring once half-way through roasting.
- Wash the kale and cut the hard core, then slice it finely like you would coleslaw
- Make the dressing, pour over kale and massage the kale until evenly coated.
- Combine the roosted veggies, shredded coconut, and kale. Mix and enjoy!
SIMPLE DRESSING INGREDIENTS
Use olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon and herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme.
Place in a blender or mix by hand until fully blended.
These vegetables are fantastic sources of carbohydrates, anti-oxidants and key methylating agents. They are also a great fiber source that helps feed the microbiome and support the health of our digestive system.
You could also use pumpkin, sweet potato and various types of squash. These are all very nutrient dense and good to strengthen our digestive system.
Adding in the good small and medium chain fats that are found in coconut oil makes this an anti-inflammatory gut healing salad.
Thank you Megan Kelly. Megan is a Licensed Estheticain specializing in holistic nutrition.
Thank you also to Dr. David Jockers, who is a Maximized Living doctor, corrective care chiropractor, nutritionist, exercise physiologist, and certified strength & conditioning specialist.