(Serves 4) – For best health results always use ORGANIC products.
- Baby fresh spinach (quantity as desired for 4 servings)
- 2 large tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (sliced)
- 1 avocado (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup pine nuts
Arrange all in bowls sprinkle the chia seed and pine nuts and use your favorite salad dressing (optional) along with the black bean dip (recipe) below.
- 1 can of cooked black beans (washed and drained)
- 2 or 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp turmeric (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt (or to taste)
Combine all ingredients and whizz in blender or food processor with an “S” blade. You can serve it right away or keep it refrigerated for a few hours. It is best to serve it at room temperature.
Use dip in place of a salad dressing or just enjoy with the salad.
This delicious idea with a few modifications came from my friend Crystal who has the veganfamilia blog and lives in Brazil.