Cloves come from the flower bud found at the base of an evergreen tree.
Soothes digestive tract muscles and is a potent antihistamine.
- Cloves have powerful medicinal properties. They are stimulating and have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antiseptic properties. They are also a natural anesthetic (due to the eugenol oil) which is why they were often used for dental procedures in centuries past and are still used in some cultures to remedy toothache. It is the oil that is derived from the cloves that is so powerful, and this is often used for medicines both topically and internally. This oil contains compound that helps with blood circulation and can stimulate the skin when applied directly to it.
- Cloves are a great spice to heal ailments of the digestive system. They are well known for relieving flatulence and can actually help promote good digestion as well as metabolism. They may also help relieve vomiting and diarrhea as well as a host of other digestive disorders.
- Cloves have been well known as an all around healing herb and it’s not just digestive problems that cloves are reputed to help with. In fact, they are used in tropical Asia to treat conditions such as scabies, cholera, malaria and tuberculosis. As an antispasmodic it can be applied topically to relieve muscle spasms or in a tea to ease coughing. It can also treat skin problems like styes and sores when applied as an ointment.
- Cloves are believed to have other health benefits that aren’t necessarily connected with an immediate illness. For instance, they can make a great mosquito repellant, as well as a moth repellent. Clove studded oranges are often used to repel many kinds of insects in tropical climates. Sucking on cloves may even reduce the craving for alcohol.
Cloves consist of a significant amount of proteins, iron, carbohydrates, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and hydrochloric acid. They are also rich in vitamins like A and C, manganese, and dietary fiber.
HOW TO USE:
Mix into your smoothie treat or it can also be used in a mustard spread. Cloves are essential in recipes such as pumpkin pie. There are many ways cloves can be used.
Where can you buy Organic- Cloves?
Here is a great source.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $
If you are Shopping at iHerb for the first time, use my coupon code ROP246 for $5.00 off your first order.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $
Just copy and paste the link below to your browser:
- God’s Healing Plants is not licensed as, or designed to be, a healthcare facility; therefore we do not diagnose conditions, offer medical advice, or prescribe or administer medication.
- The nutrition and health information resented at the God’s Healing Plants Web Site is based on Scripture, research and personal experience, and is offered for educational purposes only.
- There can be risks involved when changing diet and lifestyle; therefore, as each guest chooses to make these types of changes, we at God’s Healing Plants cannot be held responsible or liable for any adverse effects or consequences that may result from your personal choices.