CINNAMON COMES FROM THE BARK OF AN EVERGREEN TREE
Tames nausea and stomach ulcers; functions as a mild anti-inflammatory; increases insulin sensitivity to help focus fat burn.
Here is a list of some of the medicinal uses of cinnamon:
- Diabetes (lowers blood sugar)
- Weight Loss and Weight Control (With each cup you drink, you can burn up to 90 extra calories)
- Athlete’s Foot
- Cold and Flu
- Helps the immune system
- Memory Enhancer
- Menstrual Problems
- Digestive Problems
- Yeast Infections
- Boosts metabolism
How to Use: To taste, stir into your favorite natural beverage or smoothie or oatmeal. Cinnamon compliments a number of dishes.
- There are several ways you can take cinnamon. Add a pinch of the ground spice to your favorite tea. Or, add it to the food you eat. Just remember that less is more. You should not consume more than 1/4 tsp. a day or else you could develop problems such as mouth inflammation or digestive distress. You can also try adding a pinch to your morning coffee.
- Fresh ground cinnamon is not only tastier than its pre-ground cousin, but it also is more medicinally potent. One of the reasons why cinnamon is so effective is because of the volatile oil present in the spice. If the cinnamon is old, the volatile oil begins to evaporate. If it is ground fresh, more of the oil is present. You can use a coffee grinder to grind a cinnamon stick down. If you plan on doing this a lot, make sure you have a separate grinder for coffee and a separate one for herbs. Otherwise, the coffee flavor will affect the flavor of the herbs.
- One way that to get extra cinnamon is to infuse it into honey. Simply take 2-3 whole cinnamon sticks and add it to a baby food jar. Fill the jar with honey, cover it, and store it in the refrigerator. After a few days, the cinnamon will flavor it with honey. This is a great cold remedy, but you can also bake and cook with it whenever honey is needed.
It is a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium.
Where can you buy Non-Irradiated Cinnamon Sticks?
Here is a great source.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $
If you are Shopping at iHerb for the first time, use my coupon code ROP246 for $5.00 off your first order.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $
Just copy and paste the link below to your browser:
- God’s Healing Plants is not licensed as, or designed to be, a healthcare facility; therefore we do not diagnose conditions, offer medical advice, or prescribe or administer medication.
- The nutrition and health information resented at the God’s Healing Plants Web Site is based on Scripture, research and personal experience, and is offered for educational purposes only.
- There can be risks involved when changing diet and lifestyle; therefore, as each guest chooses to make these types of changes, we at God’s Healing Plants cannot be held responsible or liable for any adverse effects or consequences that may result from your personal choices.