The benefits of olive leaf extract can be traced back to ancient Mediterranean cultures, where the olive leaf was used to treat a wide variety of illnesses.
There is something very special about the olive leaf. For one thing, it is the first botanical mentioned in the Bible. “Then the dove came to him in the evening, and behold, a freshly plucked olive leaf was in her mouth; and Noah knew that the waters had receded from the earth.“ (Genesis 8:11)
Modern scientific studies have shown that the Mediterranean diet, with its heavy reliance on product from the olive tree, is one of the most healthful in the world. Olive leaves contain a number of compounds, mainly phenols and lignans, that protect the plant from environmental stress and confer health benefits when consumed. Oleuropein, one of the best known active constituents of olive leaf, has been endowed with many health properties linked to its antioxidant activity.
BENEFITS OF OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties – Olive leaf extract contains a class of compounds called flavonoids, which possess anti-inflammatory abilities.
- Immune System Booster – Studies have shown that people who have taken olive oil extract have achieved a better sense of wellness. The extract acts to boost the body’s ability to ward of illness and disease.
- Interrupting Pathogens – Research points to olive extract’s ability to stop the replication of pathogens, including bacteria and viruses, in the body.
For its effectiveness Olive Leaf should come from a GMP quality assured manufacturer. For good results it should be standardized to contain minimum of 18% Oleuropein.
You will want to drink plenty of water when taking Olive leaf extract. You may also want to consult with your doctor or naturopath before you begin, as olive leaf extract may cause interference with other supplements or medications that you are taking.
Here is a great source for purchasing Olive Leaf Extract.
Just copy and paste the link below to your browser:
$ $ $ $ $ $ $
If you are shopping at iHerb for the first time, use my coupon code ROP246 for $5.00 off your first order.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $
- God’s Healing Plants is not licensed as, or designed to be, a healthcare facility; therefore we do not diagnose conditions, offer medical advice, or prescribe or administer medication.
- The nutrition and health information presented at the God’s Healing Plants Web Site is based on Scripture, research and personal experience, and is offered for educational purposes only.
- There can be risks involved when changing diet and lifestyle; therefore, as each guest chooses to make these types of changes, God’s Healing Plants Web Site, cannot be held responsible or liable for any adverse effects or consequences that may result from your personal choices.