ASPARGUS SALAD WITH OREGANO, CAYENNE AND RED PEPPER DRESSING
INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING:
- 2 roasted red bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea or Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive or grape seed oil
INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD:
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- Fresh tomatoes
- Desired amount of rocket leaves
- Olives (as desired)
- Desired amount of spinach leaves
- Pre-soaked chopped walnuts (as desired)
1. In blender, combine roasted red bell peppers, garlic, oregano, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt. Cover; blend until smooth. With blender running, add extra virgin olive or grape seed oil in a steady stream. Add a little purified water depending on the desired consistency. (This can be prepared up to 24 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate; bring to room temperature before serving.)
2. Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus. Using vegetable peeler, peel asparagus from just below flowering top to the end.
3. Fill skillet with purified water. Bring to a boil over high heat; add asparagus. Cook 5 minutes or until tender (do not overcook). Drain; run asparagus under cold water to stop cooking and cut into 2” length.
4. Arrange the spinach and rocket leaves around the edge of a serving platter.
5. Arrange the slices of tomato inside the leaves leaving room in the centre of the plate for the asparagus spears. Place the cooled cut asparagus in the centre.
6. Drizzle dressing over the salad then sprinkle with chopped olives and walnuts.