FRESH LEMON JUICE BENEFITS
God’s creations are amazing and lemons are one of them. Here are some of its benefits.
Lemon juice consists of about 5% citric acid that gives the lemon its tart taste. Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C. It also contains vitamins like vitamin B, riboflavin and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium as well as proteins and carbohydrates. Lemon is generally consumed in the form of lemon juice or lemon water. Lemon water makes a healthy drink, especially when taken in the morning. Daily consumption of lemon water provides a number of health benefits like:
1. Good for stomach
Lemon can help relieve many digestion problems when mixed with hot water. These include nausea, heartburn and parasites. Due to the digestive qualities of lemon juice, symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and belching are relieved. By drinking lemon juice regularly, the bowels are aided in eliminating waste more efficiently. Lemon acts as a blood purifier and as a cleansing agent. The intake of lemon juice can cure constipation. Lemon juice acts as a liver tonic and helps you digest your food by helping your liver produce more bile. It decreases the amount of phlegm produced by your body and is a dissolvent of uric acid and other poisons.
2. Excellent for Skin Care
Lemon, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can participate to cure problems related to skin. Lemon is a vitamin C rich citrus fruit that enhances your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within and thus bringing a glow on your face. Daily consumption of lemon water can make a huge difference in the appearance of your skin. It acts as an anti-aging remedy and can remove blackheads.
3. Aids in Dental Care
Lemon water is used in dental care also. If fresh lemon juice is applied on the areas of toothache, it can assist in getting rid of the pain. The massages of lemon juice on gums can stop gum bleeding. It gives relief from bad smell and other problems related to gums.
4. Cures Throat Infections
Lemon is an excellent fruit that aids in fighting problems related to throat infections, sore throat and tonsillitis as it has an antibacterial property. For sore throat, dilute one-half lemon juice with one-half water and gargle frequently.
5. Good for Weight Loss
One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. If a person takes lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water it can reduce the body weight as well. People in Asia are known to drink warm water with lemon first thing in the morning to cleans and detoxify the body
6. Controls High Blood Pressure
Lemon water works wonders for people having heart problem, owing to its high potassium content. It controls high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea as well as provides relaxation to mind and body. It also reduces mental stress and depression.
7. Assist in curing Respiratory Disorders
Lemon water assists in curing respiratory problems, along with breathing problems and revives a person suffering from asthma.
8. Good for treating Rheumatism
Lemon is also a diuretic and hence lemon water can treat rheumatism and arthritis. It helps to flush out bacteria and toxins out of the body.
9. Reduces Fever
Lemon water can treat a person who is suffering from cold, flu or fever. It helps to break fever by increasing perspiration.
10. Acts as a blood purifier
Diseases like cholera or malaria can be treated with lemon water as it can act as a blood purifier.
PURPOSES OF THE LEMON:
A. Provide a natural strengthening agent to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
B. The liver can make more enzymes out of fresh lemon juice than any other food element.
C. The lemon helps fix oxygen and calcium in the liver because it regulates blood carbohydrate levels which affect the blood oxygen levels.”
SOME LEMON REMEDIES:
- For sore throat, dilute lemon juice with water and gargle frequently. Dilute one-half lemon juice with one-half water. It is even better to use straight lemon juice.
- A slice of lemon bound over a corn overnight will greatly relieve the pain.
- To relieve asthma, take a tablespoon of lemon juice one hour before each meal.
- For liver complaints, the juice of the lemon should be taken in a glass of hot water one hour before breakfast every morning.
- To break up flu, influenza or lung and nasal congestion drink a large glass of hot water with the juice of a lemon added.
- A teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water relieves heartburn.
- For rheumatism, one or two ounces of lemon juice diluted in water should be taken three times a day: one hour before meals and at bedtime.
- Scurvy is treated by giving one to two ounces of lemon juice diluted with water every two to four hours. (Scurvy is a disease caused by a lack of vitamin C in the diet. People who are malnourished or who do not eat enough foods that contain vitamin C are at risk for scurvy.)
In case you are in good health and weigh 150 lbs or less, it is advisable for you to have juice of one-half of the lemon squeezed into one glass of water, twice daily. However, if you weigh more than 150 lbs, juice of one whole lemon in a glass of water should be preferred.
Making lemon a part of your daily routine, especially drinking a glass of warm lemon water in the morning will be the first step to enjoying great health benefits.
Use only fresh lemons. DO NOT use can bought juice.