Garlic is a natural product that has been used by mankind since the earliest recorded times. It was used extensively in ancient Egypt, China and Greece. Garlic and its properties were described in inscriptions on the Cheops pyramid in Egypt. Garlic is currently the biggest selling herb on the face of the planet. In fact one place in California, Gilroy, is considered the garlic capital of the world. Garlic is probably also the most widely studied of all the natural products. In just the last twenty years alone, an incredible 2,500 scientific studies have occurred looking into the medical benefits of this product.
For garlic to be effective as a healing agent and general antibiotic, it needs to be raw. It should also be crushed and exposed to air for ten minutes before it’s consumed to fully activate its key germ-killing compound. Don’t worry; raw garlic doesn’t have to taste awful.
Here is a simple juice recipe:
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes and
- 1 lemon
- Add a pinch of sea salt to taste
This will make a delicious antibacterial and antiviral drink. If you don’t have a juicer, simply toss the ingredients into a blender and make a tomato and garlic soup.
If you have an infection, you can enjoy several of these drinks or soups each day to battle it away without the use of chemical antibiotics that are known to destroy our protective healthy bacteria – often in one fell swoop.
Garlic contains natural antibiotic and antimicrobial properties that can help treat a variety of health issues. Throughout history, people have used garlic for many conditions such as infection, high blood pressure and even snake bites. Garlic is commonly used in modern times for lowering cholesterol and reducing the risk of heart disease.
For regular immune-boosting usage, eat one to two cloves of garlic each day. If you prefer not to eat the garlic raw, use this amount to cook with instead.
Studies have shown that eating garlic can help alleviate some of the symptoms caused by gastrointestinal diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Garlic’s natural antimicrobial properties make it a good treatment for athlete’s foot, warts and Candida yeast.
Some studies have indicated that eating garlic can help repel ticks and mosquitoes, resulting in fewer bites.
Multiple studies have shown that eating garlic on a regular basis can help to reduce total blood cholesterol.
Taking a daily garlic supplement can reduce your risk of getting a cold and cut down on the length of time you have a cold.
In summary, this page summarizes the possible health benefits often attributed to garlic. Some of these have been scientifically demonstrated; others have not and remain officially in the realm of folk medicine. Obviously the efficacy or otherwise of any of these will depend upon individual circumstances.
Remember that although garlic is potentially beneficial for some people it is also very strong. Some people are intolerant of or even actively allergic to it.
The medicinal properties and benefits of garlic are strongest when it is raw and crushed or very finely chopped.
- Don’t overdo it – too much can irritate the digestive tract.
- Raw, crushed garlic is an anti-fungal; however it can produce skin blistering.
- Raw, crushed garlic is a powerful antibiotic.
- Garlic cloves cooked whole have very little medicinal value however their milder taste makes them more acceptable to some people.
- Garlic should be seen a part of a healthy diet and lifestyle, not an alternative to one.
- Garlic is a very powerful herb that is generally lauded as a beneficial and health giving. However – partly because it is so powerful – there are risks associated with it. Remember that what helps one person may harm another.
- Always consult your doctor regarding any health or medical matter.
Here is a great source for purchasing Organic Garlic Powder.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $
If you are shopping at iHerb for the first time, use my coupon code ROP246 for $5.00 off your first order.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $
Just copy and paste the link below to your browser:
- God’s Healing Plants is not licensed as, or designed to be, a healthcare facility; therefore we do not diagnose conditions, offer medical advice, or prescribe or administer medication.
- The nutrition and health information presented at the God’s Healing Plants Web Site is based on Scripture, research and personal experience, and is offered for educational purposes only.
- There can be risks involved when changing diet and lifestyle; therefore, as each guest chooses to make these types of changes, God’s Healing Plants Web Site, cannot be held responsible or liable for any adverse effects or consequences that may result from your personal choices.