GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT BENEFITS
Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) is a liquid substance extracted from the fruit and seeds of grapefruit, a sub-tropical citrus tree that grows in abundance throughout many countries. It has very high amounts of disease-fighting, free-radical eliminating antioxidants and phytonutrients called bioflavonoids. One of these powerful bioflavanoids (plant antioxidants) include the chemical component hesperidin, a well-known natural immune-system stimulator and booster.
Chemical analysis of grapefruit seed extract shows additional antioxidant constituents including Vitamin C, sterols, tocopherols, citric-acid, liminoids, and other trace minerals. Perhaps most exciting in regard to GSE’s health benefits is its anti-cancer potentials. Studies done on the compounds in GSE’s seed and pulp have found that these bioactive agents may be able to inhibit the occurrence of colon cancer.
A recent study done by Microbiologists from the University of Georgia found that GSE was a very effective non-toxic disinfectant. Sadly, commonly-used disinfectant have high levels of toxicity and are harmful to humans, animals and the environment. The same study found that GSE demonstrates a “wide spectrum of activity,” including antiviral, antimycotic, and antiprotozoan capacities against many bacteria and viruses, including E.Coli. It was also found to be an effective cleanser as a a pre-surgical soap.
Another recent study from The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that grapefruit-seed extract was effective in killing over “800 bacterial and viral strains, 100 strains of fungus, and a large number of single and multi-celled parasites.”² No other naturally-occuring anti-microbial can come close to these results.
Grapefruit Seed Extract is associated with the following potential health benefits:
• Powerful natural antiseptic.
• Antiviral and anti-fungal agent.
• Promotes the healing of wounds and scar tissue.
• Excellent remedy for toenail fungal infections.
• Treatment for sinus and topical skin infections.
• Environmentally-friendly fruit and vegetable wash for removing toxins.
• Effective preventative for Candida and other forms of yeast infection.
• Inhibits the formation of harmful intestinal organisms, including Giardia, without reducing levels of healthy bowel flora.
• It is used as a general water-purifying mechanism.
• Possible anti-biotic activity.
• Aids to alkalize the body, and is one of the world’s most alkaline forming foods, helping to stabilize acidic pH levels, a central component for health rejuvenation.
• Great general immune system booster.
Other Home-Friendly Benefits of Grapefruit Seed Extract:
An excellent extract to have on hand while traveling into foreign countries, GSE acts as a natural germ-killer and an effective preventative mechanism for food borne illnesses that cause diarrhea and dysentery. It is also useful for our pets, and can be applied in both internal and external infections of the skin, including fleas. It is also highly useful for the modern eco-conscious gardener, and can used to remove fungus and mold from tools and supplies. It is also a great bug and plant spray. Grapefruit seed extract can be used to clean surfaces and even sprinkled into soaps for an added anti-microbial and viral effects.
Here is a great source for purchasing Grapefruit Seed Extract – Consentrated in Liquid Form.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $
If you are shopping at iHerb for the first time, use my coupon code ROP246 for $5.00 off your first order.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $
Just copy and paste the link below to your browser: